Our mission is to evangelize the nations so that they become saints. To evangelize is to tell someone the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ so that they would believe in Him and become a disciple/follower of Jesus.
What are the steps to having this salvation from Jesus?
6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. Romans 5:6-10
Question 1: How are you and me described by these Bible verses? Helpless, ungodly, sinners, and enemies.
Step 1: Admit I am a practicing sinner. I acknowledge my need and recognize I can’t achieve God’s standard.
Question 2: What do these Bible verses say that Jesus did for you? He Died for you; He saved you from God’s wrath; He saved you by His life.
Step 2: Believe that I am forgiven through Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Question 3: You may have already noticed this, but what are the results or benefits of believing in Jesus? Justified by His blood, Reconciled to God. Both of those mean that no matter what you may have done wrong in the past, you are now right with God. God declares you free of judgment, and one with Him!
Step 3: Commit to living a life of unity with God.
Our current pursuits of this include:
- SUPPORTING MISSIONARIES
- Sam and Darlene Farlow in Strongsville Ohio
- Mike and June Bradley in Sunderland, England
- SUCHM (Sudan United Christian Holistic Ministry)
We teach 4 ministries of evangelism, based on the team work Jesus mentions in John 4:35-37
- Cultivating or hospitality. This is about being around people, getting to know people, and allowing people to get to know you. This ministry prepares the soil of someone’s heart to receive the Gospel.
- Sowing or communication. This is about being able to speak to people about Jesus in such a way that they are able to understand the Gospel. Sowing doesn’t always lead to positive results, as people may still reject, or initially hear, but later turn away.
- Reaping or what we often think of as evangelism. This is about guiding people to believe in Jesus Christ and helping them to become part of the church.
- Reproducing or Discipling. This is about training and preparing others to participate in one of the four ministries of evangelism.
Coming this summer on Pastor’s Blog: Gospel Journal. We will look at the various ways the Gospel is presented in the New Testament
- REACHING OUR NEIGHBORS
- Lunchbox Ministry – once a month food giveaway to needy in our area
- Food Distribution – each Wednesday after school
- Sharing the Gospel in our services, Bible studies, and ministries
We believe that the Gospel motivates you to make disciples of Jesus who make disciples of Jesus.